Job Type: Part-time/close to full-time
Start date : 13th May 2019 or dependent on the successful candidate's availability
Closing date : 29th April
· Permanent part time opportunity in join an exciting and unique early education Service
· Educational long day child care with state of the art specialised facilities
· Easily accessible environments both indoors and outdoors that invite children to explore, make choices and empower them to make decisions about their learning.
· Queensland Government approved Kindergarten Program provided by University qualified teachers that prepares every child for school and beyond.
We take great pride in offering quality care and educational programs for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years. We hand pick the most motivated, innovative and qualified staff, who are committed to providing the best possible learning experiences to ensure quality outcomes for children. We are committed to providing a full time and flexible educational program, which develops over time with the growth and needs of our children and with the assistance of our parents and community. We are located in a multi-story, heritage listed building originally built as the Fortitude Valley Girls and Infants School in 1867. The original building catered for the education of over 300 girls and infants. We take great pride in continuing a long tradition of early childhood education within its walls.
About the role
We are currently looking for an Assistant Educator to join our team. This role will see you collaborating with our experienced team on a part time permanent basis beginning ideally 13th May or dependent on the successful candidate’s availability.
We support an emergent curriculum where play based learning, intentional and spontaneous teaching are fundamental for nurturing children's learning and development. We believe that high quality early childhood education should be driven by dedicated educators who are committed to critical reflection, continuous improvement and professional development.
· Assisting the Early Childhood Teacher and or Group Leader in planning and implementing an educational program which reflects our emergent curriculum and values the holistic view of each child's development.
· Maintain ongoing records of the children's development, program and daily information.
· Assist with daily room tasks- e.g. meal and sleep times, cleaning, preparation of learning experiences.
· Ensure compliance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations and ensuring high quality practices that align with the National Quality Standard.
· Working cooperatively with all team members and stakeholders in supporting curriculum implementation, critical reflection, professional development as well as individual goals and performance.
· Certificate III or Diploma Qualification in Early Childhood (qualification must be recognised by ACECQA)
· A Working with Children check (Blue Card).
· A strong working knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Regulations, National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework and Workplace Health and Safety.
· At least 3 years' experience working in an early childhood education and care environment.
· Expérience assisting in implementing a planned program, ensuring the needs and interests of each child and the group are met
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Have excellent computer skills
· Have a clear Criminal History Check
· Have recognised Senior First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training or willingness to obtain prior start.
We are seeking an educator who values :
· High quality education and care
· Building strong and respectful partnerships with children, families, staff and the wider community
· Open and respectful communication
· Working together as part of a team towards a common goal of providing high quality education and care for the children and families
· Unique workplace in a heritage building
· Supportive and hands on management
· Close proximity to trains and buses, food court, shopping centre
· Discounted child care fees
· Working hours : 9.30am to 6.00pm Monday – Friday (with occasional variation)